What's new

Projector placement (1 Viewer)

chuck>case

Auditioning
I will be installing a Sharp z12000 projector soon. For structural reasons, I may have to mount the unit as much as 18" laterally off of Screen center line. Sharp Tech refuses to suggest any tolerance. they insist it MUST be absolute dead center. My projection distance is approx 20' and screen size 133"diag. Any one have any experience in this? It doesn't seem like that parallax distortion should be excessive with these distances.

Thanx.....Chuck

Ramon A

Agent
I am not an expert but I have been doing a lot of research on projectors and the 12000 is one that i am interested in as well. I just looked at the specs and the 10000 doe's not have horizontal kestone adjust but does have vertical.
and I believe the 12000 is basically the same with better chip hd2+ and better color wheel so if thats the case I do not think it would be possible to project your picture from that angle without incurring some distortion of the picture I
I believe in order to project a complete picture from that position you would halve to reduce your screen width by 36"

which would take you from an 11' to a 7' width and your picture would be off center.
so even if it means running some cable connections exposed I would mount your projector dead center. hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks