Projector Mounting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TaylorC, Nov 1, 2001.

1. TaylorC

TaylorC Auditioning

We are building a home theater in our basement. The screen is 6'x4 1/2' (small basement!) The projector will be installed about 12 feet back on the ceiling. We are having a ceiling installed in the basement. We were just going to have the contractor build us a box attached to the ceiling to place the projector in. But, with our Infocus 340b we are finding that there may be a keystoning problem with a projector that close to the ceiling.
    1) Is there a way to deal with this keystoning problem and still mount it close to the ceiling?
    2) Is there a mounting that we could purchase that would allow for us to bring it down about 2 feet that hugs the ceiling when not in use? One that doesn't cost an arm or a leg?
    3) Any other suggestions
    Thanks

2. TaylorC

TaylorC Auditioning

Forgot to mention that inverting at that height doesn't seem to fix the problem. The projector seems to want to be directly in front of the middle of the screen.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I find it strange that a projector that wants to sit in the middle of the screen does not have a keystoning adjustment in its menu. The projector I am using also does not have a k.s. adjustment, but it is fine located at the top plane of the screen.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's