1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Projector mounting distance

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian.M, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Brian.M

Brian.M Extra

Hi again to the experts, I am starting a HT from the ground up and want to get the Infocus 4805 but I am still allocating my funds to building the HT first, can't have a good projector without 4 walls and a ceiling. Anyway I was wondering how far should I ceiling mount the projector from the screen? It's a 92 inch screen and the room is 15 by 25 feet. And is there any considerations I have to take into account with a ceiling mount like making sure there's some wooden beam where I have to mount it? Or is the projector so light that it can be screwed right into the plywood ceiling? Thanks in advance.

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Most would recommend getting at least 2 of those screws holding the pj, either a Peerless mount or a DIY flange mount, in a ceiling joist. Mine had restrictions that I had to have it mounted between joist...so I cut a 1/2" x 12" to span the distance and screwed on my DIY mount on it. I didn't want a $1200 pj crashing down during explosions in the movie u know.