What's new

Projector insanity...how can one choose? (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
At the moment im trying to decide between 2 projectors and im having a real hard time. They are the Panasonic PTAE700, and the LG RDJT-92.

Basically my issue is that the 700 is gonna cost me another $1000(aus). SO i have to work out if high def is worth it. All i want is a large screen up to 100" just for DVD's. The LG has a native res of 854x480 and is HD Compatable, where as obviously the PTAE700 is 1280x768. '

I have compared the 2 at a store and noticed the blacks looks blacker on the LG DLP, but the image was a little smaller. Still looked quite nice on DVD's though. When i looked at the panny, the black looked a little blueish but it looked sharper and through high def it looked great.

The other thing is i possibly might want to run my computer through it for the odd game or something. SO the panny could run at the same res, or atleast higher than 800x600.

Ahh why is this soo hard, so many pro's and cons!

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
It can be tough trying to decide on a projector. If you are just going to do mainly DVD's, I would probably go for the LG. Why pay for the extra resolution if you do not intend to use it? If you have seen the LG and like the picture, I would just go for it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, try to make sure the place you buy as a decent 30 day return policy. Very little risk when they have that as it lets you really use it and check out all the content you normally run on it in your environment.

I like that Panasonic 700 a lot. Seems to work better with more ambient light about than the $1K-ish 480p ED DLP projectors, maybe that is little skewed perception from the way it handles it's black levels though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks