Projector help

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Mrinal, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Mrinal

Mrinal Auditioning

Hi guys,
    I need some help with my projector. I want to watch cable tv on it, the only problem is it doesn't have a coaxial input. It has S-Video, AV and computer inputs, any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks a lot!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    What projector do you have? You need to use your cable box as the tuner, then run your video cables to your projector. I do the same thing with my satellite receiver, OTA antenna, and my projector.

3. Mrinal

Mrinal Auditioning

Hi Jim,
    Thing is I'm in a dorm room and don't have a cable box, I just have to attach the coaxial wire to a socket in the wall. Is a cable box the only alternative? If so, do you know where I can get one without subscribing to any cable service?

Thanks a lot!

4. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    If the cable signal is scrambled, you will need the cable box to decode. Otherwise a VCR might do the trick.
    Dave

5. MikeCB

MikeCB Extra

Most of the time in dorms you would generally connect the coaxial cable directly to a TV, no cable box needed. But like drobbins suggested, a VCR can work as a tuner instead. Then you would run a composite or s-video cable from the VCR to the projector.

6. Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley Stunt Coordinator

Your ultimate issue is that you do not have a tuner. The projector does not have tuner built in. Get a tuner either from the cable company or a VCR should work.

BTW, sounds like a nice dorm room with a projector in it. I was too broke in college to have projector in my dorm room much less the size of the room was not condusive to a projector.

7. Mrinal

Mrinal Auditioning

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your help! Will try and get it set up. Kevin, my room IS too small, but I got the projector as a prize, so just trying to make the most of it [​IMG]

8. John S

John S Producer

Cheap stereo h-fi VCR is your cheapest answer, an SVHS model for a little better video quailty.