What's new

Projector for TV + Movie viewing (1 Viewer)

TrufflePig

Grip
Real Name
Lilo
Jim517 said:
It's not crazy at all, BUT you won't be able to do all that with a $3,000 budget.

And by the way, using ceiling speakers is a TERRIBLE idea.
As metnioned using ceiling speakrs is a terrible idea but what if those ceiling speakers were Totems?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you just talking the surrounds?If you have a display on a wall, there is no excuse, none, not to put the front 3 in the correct spot.

TrufflePig

Grip
Real Name
Lilo
schan1269 said:
Are you just talking the surrounds?If you have a display on a wall, there is no excuse, none, not to put the front 3 in the correct spot.
Yes I'm talking full on surround.If I go Totems can i put the in-wall series they have?Or is it better to hang the fronts and center on the front wall and then rears behind me in proper location?If I go Energy I can get a solid pair for cheap through my buddys work discount and I will have`hang those.I just want to do this right the first time and looking to you guys for some advice and expertise.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The "surround speakers" are the surrounds.Center is center.Main LR is main LR.Do not, at all, put your main and center in the ceiling.If you absolutely must put your surrounds in the ceiling, go for it.

TrufflePig

Grip
Real Name
Lilo
No. My main and center will NOT be in the ceiling.

I was thinking if anything to put the rear L and R in the ceiling such as the Totem In-wall series or just get regular speakers and hang them from the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks