What's new

Projector for gaming (1 Viewer)

allingeneral.com

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
Hi all. This is my first post here.

I'm looking for a good digital projector that I can mount to the ceiling in my garage to point at a large presentation surface (the wall) so that I can hook up my PlayStation 2. I think Guitar Hero on a 15x20 foot (or something like that) display surface would be the coolest thing ever!

I don't want to have to turn off the lights, so it needs to have good output. I've also never owned a projector, so I wonder if the scan/update rate of a digital projector would be able to keep up with the quick display speed of PS2 games.

I don't want to spend a lot of money (does anyone!?). I am not against getting something that's used or a model that's a couple of years old.

Do you all have any good suggestions?

Rick

allingeneral.com

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick

Hmm. Well, I guess I can darken things a bit for those special evenings in the garage playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
I'm looking to display from about 15-20 feet.

My budget...I'd like to stay under $500.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Mitsubishi HC1600, Epson 720, Panny 200 are somewhat near your budget, try to find one used. These will be good for hi def movies and next gen gaming when you get a PS3 or 360. Check out ebay and see if you can find one used. If not used check out projectorpeople.com and dont forget you need a screen, so youre looking at roughly 1500 bucks unless you can make a screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks