Projector enclosure?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DaveD', Jan 24, 2006.

1. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

Anyone ever make a projector housing that passes for a piece of furniture? The closest example I can think of is in the movie Scarface when the group of drug lords are showing Tony Montana video clips off a projector of a man they want killed. Basically, I want to do something like that in the condo I'm buying and wrap it in leather to match my couch and recliner, since it'll be in the living room. It may also double as an ottoman for the middle seat of my couch. I think it'd be much cleaner than ceiling mounting it. Just curious if anyone has finished examples(or blueprints) of this so I can get some ideas. *Crude* illustration below. [​IMG] Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    It's a good idea, but what will you do with the cables and power cord? And every time it gets bumped or moved, you'll have to re-align it, re-focus, etc. Mine is ceiling mounted, and that's the only way I want it.

3. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, that's the reason why I was steering away from using it as an ottoman. As for the cables, they'll be hidden underneath or coming out the back of the enclosure and run under carpet. My other idea was to build a low profile entertainment center/coffee table which incorporated all the equipment+projector so the cables wouldn't have to go far at all. Like so...
    [​IMG]