What's new

projector choices (1 Viewer)

Ramon A

Agent
I have been doing a lot of home work and have narrowed it down to 3.
The Runco710 have seen a demo very impressed.
The Sharp XV-Z12000 read great things about this one, but can't find any to demo.
The BenQ8700 heard that it is the same machine as the runco for half the price, if so does that include the lenses.
Any help with my decision be be appreciated.

note: I will be projecting onto a Carada high contrast or Stewart Firehawk screen 110"or 116"diagonal if this makes a difference for projectors.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Both the Runco and the BenQ are fine machines. Runco uses the BenQ engine and their remote is the same. Service access is also the same ... but Runco has one additional service layer lacking on the BenQ.

It may be hard to justify double the $$ for less than double the benefits.

Regards

Ramon A

Agent
Thanks for the info on the BenQ.
But from what I have heard about the sharp its suppose to be the best thing out there for the money, best price seen $6,999.00. 7 segment color wheel 5000/1 contrast 900ansi lumens and easy to in stall and calibrate.
If this is not the case would some one let me know.
p.s. if any one knows where i can see one demoed in Nor Cal
sf, marin or sonoma counties please let me know

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Isnt the BenQ an HD2 chip!?

The Sharp is HD2+, definitely a very very significant improvement over the other. CR is very good, black level is good, dimble fix, etc etc.

If you're looking at the sharp 12k, I'd be looking at other HD2+ units if you're staying with DLP, rather than older HD2 units. There is tons of excellent info about the sharp 12k out there, we did a shootout (there were two BLOGS actually) between CRTs and the 12K that you can dig up on AVS if you do some hunting.

I will assume you meant that in terms of manufacturer specs and salesman ship. Because CR is immensely important, and honest reporting of CR will definitely show in the improvements in the HD2+ units. The difference is very significant.

Ramon A

Agent
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post, I believe you have helped me make my decision.

And yes I am aware that CR's are exaggerated in most specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks