What's new

projector choice HELP! (1 Viewer)

eraserpbt

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
hI, I'm new to all this and I need some help. I'm looking to set up a movie screen outside. It will probably get used very little. I definately want to go as cheap as possible. I see projectors priced from 150.00 all the way up to taking a second on your mortgage. I'm going to end up with the projector approx 14 feet from the screen. What do I look for in purchasing a projector. It will be used very little. So I'm lost as far as throw, brightness, bells and whistles. etc. Help!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Look at something ike the Optoma HD-60, it's only a 720P projectore but it's around $600, if you feel the need, hop up to the hd-66, it's 1080P for about a $1000, but you aren't watching it in a critical fashion the hd-60 would save you $400.

Brent

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I think Brent meant the HD65, around $600. And the HD66 is not 1080p, it's a 720p projector. I think the HD66 is about $700.

What is your budget for projector? Do you have a receiver and speakers for sound?

Real Name
Helen Anne
Hi !

We recently put together a Home Theater Projector Cheat Sheet to help customers find the perfect home theater projector. We go in to the four specs beginners should pay attention to: brightness, contrast ratio, display type and resolution. We also tell you how to get the best price on your purchase. You can check it out here: http://www.projectorpeople.com/resources/hometheatercheatsheet.asp

As for recommendations, Epson has just released several high quality home theater projectors at a range of prices, from $649 and up. On the lower-priced end, the Epson MovieMate 62 includes a built-in DVD player and speakers, so you won't have to worry about lugging extra equipment outside.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Helen Anne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks