What's new

Projector ceiling mount questions (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Hello, I will be buying my first front projector in the near future, but I have a question about ceiling mounting location. Is it a visual distraction if projector is mounted on ceiling 1-2 feet in front of your seated position? My room is 16'9" long from screen wall to rear wall, and we will sit between 12-14 feet away from screen, ceiling height is only 6'8". I need advice to narrow down projector list. Ideally, I would like to mount it behind us 14-15 feet from screen. Any long throw projectors with nice review like the Panasonic 300? Thanks.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Jim,
I have mine mounted almost right above my main seating.
Take a peek at my setup.
Long throw projectors....well what size screen are you looking at and how much are you willing to spend? Does it matter if it is DLP/LCD?

Also the Panny 500 can be seen at SoundWorld in appleton Wisconsin.

JeromeB

Agent
Jim,

Nice setup.

I am also grapping with projector placement issues. It seems that you would certainly want the projector either above or behind you but not in front of you, nor in your peripheral field of view. Projector central has a nice automated calculator to determine placement of projectors based on the specific model you are considering.

In regards to screens, I am considering a permanent fixed wall mount (16:9 about 100¡¨ diag). The Da-Lite choices cause my vision to go blurry
„XDa-Snap
„XCinema Contour
„XPerm-Wall
„XImager
„XPro Imager Vertical Masking System
„XPro Imager Horizontal Masking System

Any recommendations on screen and frame finish. I am looking at a good projector, e.g. InFocus Screenplay 7200, thus light output should be reasonable. Ambient light is controllable so I assume basic Da-Mat finish should be just fine. If you are switching between 16:9 and 4:3, is it worth the cost of a masking system?

Regards,
-jb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks