What's new

Projection Screen with Goo (1 Viewer)

Anthony E

Auditioning
I am looking into building a screen and would like any input. I have seen the goo systems web page and am looking for any body that might have use this product.

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
I'm seriously thining about replacing my DIY grey screen with the Digital Grey.

There are a few users at the AVS screen forum.

Steve

John_D

Auditioning
I have used the Goo Systems paint on my DIY screen and couldn't be happier with the overall performance/cost of the entire screen.

The materials ised in my project were:

A sheet of 4X8 MDF
A sheet of 4X8 Formica adhered to the MDF(some shade of grey, but colour doesn't really matter if you are going to paint it anyways)
and Goo Systems Paint.

Total cost was under $350.

The weight of the screen is the only problem as the MDF is quite heavy, so you may want to find some other way to mount the formica (I know Neil Joseph might have some ideas for that)

williamN

Agent
I'm going to try #27 Rust-oleum – Metallic Finish “Aluminum” ( a few cans) or the MississippiMud Light Fusion Wall Screen ($30 USD at HD) when my basement is ready at the end of the month, the #27 sounds like a deal if it works well. I'd like some ideas on how to support the formica base too.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Moved to TV/Projector area. DIY it is but you will get good help in this area for your screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks