What's new

Projection screen height (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I know the rule of thumb is to sit with your eyes about 1/3 of the way up from bottom of screen, but I have a low ceiling. How low is TOO LOW for bottom of screen off floor? Is 22" above floor too low? Anybody have their screen this low? Thanks, I need your help.

SimiA

Second Unit
My screen is just over 2 ft from the floor.
The sweet spot is right in front of me when sitting on the sofa or recliner.
I love it.
Vb

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have the opposite problem with the 12' ceiling (real design challenge). I think you can stick with your 22" height. How large is the screen?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Neil, the screen is 52"X92", ceiling height is 6'8"(80"). I want to put center speaker above screen, that leaves bottom of screen 22" above floor.
Neil, where did you buy the Tremco spray paint for your screen? Did you try painting it vertically? Didn't you have a dust problem with screen lying flat? Thanks.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My preference was for horizontal spraying so the paint would not drip. I got the paint from Home Depot (Canada) although there is probably an equivalent in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks