What's new

Projecting a smaller video. (1 Viewer)

Steve_-_K

Auditioning
We have about 13' from seating to screen. Right now it seems to me that the Sanyo Z2 is the best option for us. A 90" screen sounds great but we're afraid it may just be too big for our area. Does anyone project a smaller image than they could for any reason? I'm thinking maybe 70" or so might be better. Am I wrong in assuming that would actually increase the quality of our image? Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Steve k

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Lots of people do. The bigger you try to get, the more faults youll see in the source and the display, as well as the dimmer the image. If you're using something like a CRT, then you drive things harder to get a very big picture. The very pick videophiles tend to have smaller screens.

MarkSherm

Auditioning
I've seen earlier posts describing screen size when using a front projector...the smaller the image the better the quality is what I have heard. Even DVDs can appear as poor image quality when blown up too big.
Never tried it myself...but it makes sense.

Good Luck.

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I use a Yamaha DXP-1 on a 106"(16x9) screen. We sit 11 1/2 feet from it. It is quite comfortable on the eyes and the picture quality is nothing short of amazing. Your disatance from the screen is no problem at all. Go for the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks