What's new

Project "Man Beast" is born............ (1 Viewer)

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, BTW, have you seen this thread? There's some pics of his on the IB cult site, but this thread goes into some good detail, especially how his IB goes louder than any sub he's had (servo-drive included) AND sounds better. Don't miss the SPL #'s at the end.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Chris Brock

Second Unit
hey daniel, i have definitly read that thread with the SPL numbers, actually I have read it several times hahaha. my wife and I were looking again at that enclosure last night and we both agreed that we would much rather not have it in our new family/theater room. so right now our house is framed and the electricians and plumbers are working so I am going to go ahead and frame out the IB and get it ready so all I will have to do is bolt the subs to the plenium. pics should come in the next few weeks of the progress. And I think I might try and scrap togather some cash and go ahead and place an order for a second 1804.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
ok here is the general layout that our HT room will have. I do have some concerns about the placement of the IB but it is really my only option though. What do you guys think about this? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appriciated!!

Chris Brock

Second Unit
ok here is the general layout that our HT room will have. I do have some concerns about the placement of the IB but it is really my only option though. What do you guys think about this? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appriciated!!

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
That looks close to ideal, the only improvement would be to locate it between your mains.......but it's certainly better than my location and mine sounds great. Where does the backwave vent to, the rest of the basement? The one issue with IB's that I've encountered is the tendency to cause more rattles as the driver is coupled to the house structure. I just played some test tones and walked around with some foam adhesive weatherstrip and put little pieces behind/under any offender. I'm sure when I get more power I'll find more noises. Mmmmmmmmmm IB;)

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
That looks close to ideal, the only improvement would be to locate it between your mains.......but it's certainly better than my location and mine sounds great. Where does the backwave vent to, the rest of the basement? The one issue with IB's that I've encountered is the tendency to cause more rattles as the driver is coupled to the house structure. I just played some test tones and walked around with some foam adhesive weatherstrip and put little pieces behind/under any offender. I'm sure when I get more power I'll find more noises. Mmmmmmmmmm IB;)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
That location looks good and the door shouldnt pose a problem if unless it opens to the same room as the backwave. If thats the case then you'd want to have the door shut.
Since you cant experiment with what location works best with your current sub I'd say you have picked a pretty good spot.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
That location looks good and the door shouldnt pose a problem if unless it opens to the same room as the backwave. If thats the case then you'd want to have the door shut.
Since you cant experiment with what location works best with your current sub I'd say you have picked a pretty good spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks