Project Jaguar: Final Listening Impressions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil M, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Phil M

Phil M Stunt Coordinator

2. Zac_F

Zac_F Agent

Very nice work. Also a good step by step guide for the beginnning speaker builder. Angled cuts can be difficult to get just right, but I'm thinking of doing some for by sub project.

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Excellent review Phil!! I have a pair of AV1+ speakers and I really like them. I didn't have another speaker to directly compare them to but I can say that I am convinced that the level of performance that I'm experiencing with the AV1+'s is on another level then the PSB's that they replaced in terms of upper mids and highs. I am looking forward to your review of the AV1+ speakers in the near future.

Once again wonderful job!!

4. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Looks like you offering them up at a steal of a price. Perhaps you should just keep the Sapphires. [​IMG] Your review was very well written. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Phil M

Phil M Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, the Saph's went back about (5) weeks ago... I wish I would have kept them as well.
    For me it has been a good lesson in "bigger & higher priced, isn't always better."
    Thanks for the input.
    Phil

6. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Phil,

Believe me, if I had the money right now I'd take them off your hands for that price!

Brian

7. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I also have paradigm reference 40's. I have only heard good things about the av1's and av1+'s. It would be great if you had the chance to demo both before I bought mine[​IMG] and let us know how they perform against each other. Great review.

8. Phil M

Phil M Stunt Coordinator

Shawn:
    Yes, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to demo the AV1+'s. I'm also considering taken a listen to the new Polk Lsi9's since I can borrow some locally to compare to the 40's.
    [​IMG]