Project Greenlight/Stolen Summer Confusion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JakeR, Sep 25, 2002.

1. JakeR

JakeR Stunt Coordinator

Hurm.

So I'm browsing Amazon today, seeing what kind of price they have on the Project Greenlight box set. As ads for the box and the art itself explicitly states, it includes the completed film, Stolen Summer.

However, Amazon had a little blurb for a "bundle" pack, whereupon the shopper can buy both PG and Stolen Summer for a package price. Clicking on the SS art reveals another DVD of the film itself.

So I'm confused. If you buy the box set, what need would you have for the film-only disc? Is Amazon unaware that the box contains the completed film? Is it a different transfer?

If, say, the PG set only had a full-frame transfer, and you needed to purchase the stand-alone disc to get an anamorphic disc...they can forget the whole thing.

Anyone with any insight?

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

That pairing is most likely created by a computer. They aren't capable of higher thinking...yet.

3. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

I believe I once saw a similar combination of "Citizen Kane" and "The Battle Over 'Citizen Kane'", which is ridiculous as the "Kane" DVD is a 2-disc set that includes "Battle". I agree that Amazon either has a computer that combines titles based on similar titles or similar consumer interest or someone who just haphazardly combines titles but in any case they occasionally offer identical content.