What's new

Project Greenlight 2 - any updates? (1 Viewer)

Marc Bax

Second Unit
So what is everyone's thoughts? I purchased the set at Wal-Mart for 30 bucks. I burned through the series in 2 nights. Haven't watched the actual film yet (hell I STILL haven't watched Stolen Summer from the first set). But I must say it was damn addicting and one can only hope that with season 3 leaving HBO that it'll be half as good. One thing that bothered me was the way C Moore and Co kept talking like Project Greenlight was so far from the Hollywood way of making films. All they do is let an unknown make a movie through the current Hollywood system. I'd like to see (but also know it won't happen) a winner get final cut on a film financed completly by outside sources (no major studio involvment at all). If that happened I feel there would be a much better chance at making a worthwhile film. Screw a test audience I say.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I had the opposite reaction. I thought season 2 made a case for studio involvement. Actually, I was about to pull my hair out because it didn't seem like Chris Moore or Jeff Balis were doing enough.

It seemed to me that during Project Greenlight, the winners get more control over the film than any other first time director would ever get. Do first time directors really get to sit there and waste time arguing with the producers over what the best way to do something might be?

Heck, if Kyle and Ephram were directing King Arthur (heh) and Jerry Brueckheimer flew in and told them to make it a PG-13 and have it out by Summer, do Kyle and Ephram get to ignore him and keep doing it their way? Ok, that might have supported Marc's "no studio involvement" wish...

I just rarely, if ever, agreed with Kyle and Ephram's decisions. I thought they seemed much more talented than Pete from season 1, but they were just awful at working with other people. I was just waiting for Moore to say "Just do it or we'll get someone else in here." Moore seems to be of the opinion that he comes off bad in this series - I've always looked at him as the voice of reason. Or maybe he just feels that way due to The Chris Moore Challenge that was on the S1 set. That was hilarious.

The deleted scenes on this set were great, too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks