What's new

Project Blue Book (History) (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
HISTORY’s new drama series ‘Project Blue Book’ is based on the true, top-secret investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and related phenomena conducted by the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1969.

Dr. J. Allen Hynek (Aidan Gillen), a brilliant yet underappreciated college professor, is recruited by the U.S. Air Force to spearhead a clandestine operation called Project Blue Book. Along with his partner, the debonair Air Force Captain Michael Quinn (Michael Malarkey), he is summoned to investigate UFO sightings around the country and use science to discover what really happened. However, when some encounters cannot be explained away and cases remain open, Hynek begins to suspect that he has been duped by the government into a larger conspiracy to cover up the truth. Set against the backdrop of the Cold War and rising Atomic Era, each episode will draw from the actual Project Blue Book case files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in United States history.

Robert Zemeckis is involved and it has a X-Files feel in a 1950's setting

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I watched 2-3 episodes when it first came out and I was really looking forward to it since I enjoy these kind of UFO period pieces.

Sadly I felt is was just a silly and lame (not to mention horribly acted) cliched show that just wasn't engaging enough to continue watching.

Visually it looked great, but that was it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Guess I'm a little more forgiving, to the point of Star trek TNG. The first season by all accounts isn't good but you had to stay with it. 2 years later they in the third season on probably one of the greatest cliffhangers of TV history so maybe it's just got some growing pains the first season of X-Files really was kind of off to.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I just don't have the time nor patience to wait out their growing pains. If they can't keep me interested after 3 episodes, I'm done.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
HISTORY’s new drama series ‘Project Blue Book’ is based on the true, top-secret investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and related phenomena conducted by the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1969.

I hadn’t heard of this show - thanks for bringing it to my attention. Sounds fun!

FrankieFenton

Auditioning
Real Name
Frankie Fenton
This series, many mistakenly trying to compare with the Secret Materials, despite the fact that the Blue Book is primarily a historical series based on real events and with real personalities.

The series is an artistic reconstruction of the adventures of astronomer J. Allen Hynek, attracted by the US Air Force to the Blue Book project on UFO research, in order to learn about the UFO phenomenon and provide a scientific explanation for it(in reality, to reassure the humanity, Playboy magazine dedicated an evil cartoon to Hynek) . However, even Hynek rather quickly doubted that absolutely all UFO sightings could be explained by natural causes, and finally he recognized the reality of their existence. Submission of the plot, detective, spy passions, third forces, plot offshoots, the atmosphere of the atomic hysteria of the 50s series are beneficial. In general, the series is more focused on people interested in the UFO problem, but it will be interesting to the general public.

I'd like to write an interesting fact for moviegoers, the son of Allen, Joel Hynek, shown in the series as a child, when he grows up, become the creator of the Predator invisible costume, you can read more about this case on the net. Separately, I want to say about the atmosphere. Every day there is cloudy weather, which portends to us something bad, mysterious, just as unidentified and “fogged”, like the whole ongoing process of investigating signs of UFOs. Details (clothes, decorations, furniture in retro style) are made with taste and love, which makes the picture pleasing to the eye.

Each character is completely individual, it can be seen both in their appearance and in speech, thinking, behavior, their destinies are interesting to watch and you really empathize with them, trying to understand their motives. Aidan Gillen, whom I also know from the TV series Game of Thrones, fits perfectly into the role of an astronomy teacher, and his image is successfully set off by the captain of the air force, played by Michael Malarkey.

My estimation: 10 out of 10

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I was totally onboard with the topic they are tackling since I love the whole UFO phenomena, but the writing and actors were just so poorly rendered I just couldn't stick with it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I watched 2-3 episodes when it first came out and I was really looking forward to it since I enjoy these kind of UFO period pieces.

Sadly I felt is was just a silly and lame (not to mention horribly acted) cliched show that just wasn't engaging enough to continue watching.

Visually it looked great, but that was it.
I was amped up because of the subject, but JQ has summed it up well for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I tried but lost interest very quickly in ep 1.

I’m pretty sure I liked the old show that aired in the late 70’s or early 80’s.

Florence

Auditioning
Real Name
Florence
I absolutely agree with you. I often borrow the idea of costumes from the 1980s.
I believe that we have something to be proud of.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It was just ok not good enough to watch season 2 too much time spent on the girl on girl action of the main characters wife that was really unnecessary to the plot

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It was just ok not good enough to watch season 2 too much time spent on the girl on girl action of the main characters wife that was really unnecessary to the plot
I was not interested in that subplot, had nothing to do with the lesbianism, I wanted the show to be about visiting aliens. When it wasn’t doing that, my time was being wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks