What's new

Progressive vs interlaced on Sony XBR450 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Murnane

Auditioning
As a newbie to HDTV & home theatre I'm afraid I'm doing something dumb. Recently bought a Sony 36XBR450 and am using an S-Video connection between a DirecTV receiver and the TV. Sat reception is from the basic DirecTV satellite. While watching sat broadcasts switching between the interlaced, progressive and "cinemotion" settings on the TV produces no or almost no discernible difference (I can't tell if there's really a tiny difference or I'm only imagining it). Is this the way it should be? I expected the line doubler in the TV to noticeably improve picture quality. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.
--Kevin

Mike I

Supporting Actor
What ever the setting is on your tv you are still going thru the sets line doubler...The only exception is if you have a HD set top box or native progressive scan DVD player thru the component inputs...
------------------

Kevin Murnane

Auditioning
Thanks, Mike. I was under the mistaken impression that the Interlaced setting indicated that the TV was operating at 480i.
--Kevin

BrianBHD

Agent
"Interlaced" displays at 960i
"Progressive" and "Cinemotion" displays at 480p
If you look closely, you should see a diff between 480p and 960i.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks