What's new

'Progressive Scanning' in XBox/GameCube Systems ---> How? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_T

Agent
How do you turn this feature ON? Does a PS enabled game (XBox, GC) makes THAT much of difference to warrant purchase of a PS enabled TV Set?
I have a 36" SONY WEGA (Year 2000 Model) XBR250 and unfortunately it does not have PS, nor "Manual" Vertical Squeeze feature. :frowning:
How about PC Monitors? Can I hook my GameCube or XBox to my PC Monitor and decide if PS is the solution for me?
(using this: Link Removed)
Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
How do you turn this feature ON? Does a PS enabled game (XBox, GC) makes THAT much of difference to warrant purchase of a PS enabled TV Set?
With the Xbox, progressive scan is turned on through the console's main menu. Go to the video settings, select 480p and you're all set.

With the GameCube, progressive scan is activated when you load up a game. If the game supports 480p and you have a component video cable attached, a message will appear on screen, asking you if you would like to display the game in progressive scan mode. Naturally, you would select YES for this option.

Does it make a difference? Yes it does. The biggest difference I can see in my own set is in the quality of the textures. They just appear much more vivid and lifelike. Is it worth the money to have a TV with 480p capabilities? I think so. If you want the best picture quality either of these systems can produce there really is no question on the matter.

I'll leave the other questions for those who know more about PC monitors than I.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Why do you show "unhappy face" that XBR250 doesn't have "manual" squeeze??? It does have automatic squeeze! :emoji_thumbsup:
In either case, that doesn't really have anything to do with 480P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks