Progressive Scan ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul E V, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Paul E V

Paul E V Stunt Coordinator

According to the latest Sound & Vision, ALL Pioneer DVD players are progressive.
    I really don't care about all of them I just want to know if mine ARE --- I've got two of the DV-F727 -- I find nothing about PS in the owner's manual, I'm checking the website as I type this but they've changed the site where you have to go through several windows and each one takes it's sweet time loading
    ------------------
    'Pioneer 'ing a new level of Home Theater
    My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

2. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

No this isn't true. If they are talking about all the models ever made, most are not progressive, including yours, which it would state on the DVD player if it was. They got it backwards.

3. Paul E V

Paul E V Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jeff,
    I also found the info (sort of) that I was looking for on the Pioneer site ............
    If you jump through enough hoops and do a search for PS it gives you a link to "What is Progressive Scan and why do you want it?"
    -------
    Pioneer's progressive scan DVD players (the DV-434 and all future models), on the other hand, can process the signal entirely in the digital domain and provide the TV with an already converted progressive scan picture. Clear? You bet.
    Granted, progressive scan is considered a pretty esoteric feature right now (even though it's incredibly affordable), but all of Pioneer's DVD players are packed with features you can use right now and really get spoiled by.
    ------------------
    'Pioneer 'ing a new level of Home Theater
    My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea