progressive scan question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Corey-Reid, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Corey-Reid

Corey-Reid Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a philips 30pw9100d this weekend. This was for my bedroom and it didnt bother me to purchase an open bof for 699 from best buy. as a result i have a "user manual" that shows how to do hookups, but i think another manual may be missing. Anyway, at philips site it says this is progressive scan capable. My kids were watching the incredibles and i tried to set up the dvd player for progressive scan. The dvd prompt asks you if your set is capable, when I click yes, it then asks if the set has been set up for progressive scan, I click yes and then the screen is all garbled.

Since I think Im missing a manual, I have no idea what I need to do to setup the tv for progressive scan. I have looked through all of the menus and cant find anything. Can anyone help me out.

I have the dvd player connected to the dvd through the sets component inputs.

Thanks,

2. Corey-Reid

Corey-Reid Stunt Coordinator

After rereading my DVD owners manual i figured it out. I was unaware that the second set of component inputs was for progressive scan. WOW, Incredibles looks.... incredible. Cant wait to shwo the wife this picture.For 699 and a built in tuner I am pretty darn happy.
    Maybe shell like this picture so much shell let me go out in 2 months and get a new big screen to replace my 5 year old 60 inch mits....... well, maybe i shouldnt get carried away[​IMG]

In any event, problem solved.