What's new

Progressive Scan not working?? (1 Viewer)

Check this out. If anyone can figure this out please help. I have a HDTV hooked up to a Progressive DVD Player, and xbox, and a PS2. The DVD and XBOX look great. Especially XBOX which pumps out resolution up to 1080i. However,Only a few titles on PS2 support Progressive Scan. The one I'm referring to is SOCOM U.S. Navy seals. Under the options menu, there is a check box that says Progessive scan. Checking it prompts a warning that you must have a compatible TV etc.. Then the screen does that "thing" that all Tv's do when switchin from interlaced to progressive, yet the picture looks the same. Call me crazy but It actually looks a little worse. The text is kinda washed out and the picture doesn't look as sharp. Let me close by saying that I am using Component cables, running directly into the TV. Just wanted to ad that to get the obvious outta the way. Can anyone think of anything? - Matt

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Depends on your TV. Some sets need to be specially optimized for 480p compared to 480i.

Regards

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I ahve also read that there si a different standard for blacks between interlaced and Progresive, i believe its a 7.5 IRE vs a 0 IRE

this could explain the washed out color you are seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks