What's new

Progressive Scan Multi-regional player (1 Viewer)

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Since I hope to be making a tv purchase soon, I was hoping to also be able to get a new progressive scan dvd player. Right now I have two players, with the second being an inexpensive Philips 727 that is my multiregion player. It would be nice to just have one player that could do it all! Can anyone recommend a good progressive scan, multi-regional player that has a good NTSC/PAL converter? I probably don't want to pay any more than $400 to $500.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I bought my multi-regional PAL-to-NTSC DVD player (JVC XVSA-70) from JVB Digital. It was a JVC which has the type of chip which does PAL WS correctly. I recommend taking a look at this company. They were wonderful to deal with. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
You might also look at the Toshiba SD4900 if you can still find one. Very highly regarded player.

Steve

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I have many multi-region dvd players and my current fav is the $199 Zenith DVB318. It'll upconvert PAL or NTSC to 720p or 1080i. It'll also do 480p and includes DCDi.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I've said it many times and I'll say it again. Toshiba SD-4900. But it's disappearing fast. Do a search on it here and in the other DVD forums.

(And yes I know Steve...O said it too) :)

Jeff

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,
The Zenith sounds great, and there sure are some big threads about the upconversion and everything. This does sound like a really nice player. I did have trouble finding the hack to make it region free. Did you buy it already modified or did you do the hack yourself. If you did it yourself, can you tell me where I can find the hack?

Thanks

RobD

Second Unit
I would consider the JVC, it is supposed to have the best conversion (Unless of course your tv will accept PAL then there are way more choices). I got my SDI DVD player from JVB, service was superb.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I got the Pioneer 363K for under $200 online back in Dec and couldnt be happier.

Just do a Yahoo search.

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
www.220-electronics.com where I got my ICOS(Intelligent Code Operating System) all region Progressive JVC XVS500BK, they are located in state of IL. in the USA. They have specials so look for them on their page, I paid with a credit card over their WATS Toll free line, I never had any trouble with the well used player bought back in early 2001. I hope this site has what your looking for they ship UPS.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks