Progressive Scan DVD players..........which is best?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Myram, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Myram

Myram Second Unit

I am going to be selling my current JVC DVD player and Sony ES CD player and will be replacing them with a single Progressive scan DVD player unit that will also play CDR and CDRW.
    I have been looking at the JVC XV-FA90BK, it is a 7 disc player that fits everything I need.
    But my main question is......is there a better unit out there? What is the best Progressive scan DVD player out there that is still affordable?
    Thanks
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

3. Myram

Myram Second Unit

OK.......so I think I have narrowed it down to the JVC XV-FA90BK or the Panasonic RP-91.
    Being that the JVC is so new it is hard to find reviews of it. But from comparing the 2 for features and specs....the JVC seems to be a better player.
    I am looking for a player that will play good. I am not into all the little things and gadgets.....I just want the best picture quality.
    So out of these 2 models.......which is going to be the better one in your opinions?
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

4. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

Steven, what I did was search the hardware forum for RP-91. You will pull up a lot of info that way.