1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Progressive Scan DVD players..........which is best?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Myram, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Myram

Myram Second Unit

SteveH
    I am going to be selling my current JVC DVD player and Sony ES CD player and will be replacing them with a single Progressive scan DVD player unit that will also play CDR and CDRW.
    I have been looking at the JVC XV-FA90BK, it is a 7 disc player that fits everything I need.
    But my main question is......is there a better unit out there? What is the best Progressive scan DVD player out there that is still affordable?
    Thanks
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

John
  3. Myram

Myram Second Unit

SteveH
    OK.......so I think I have narrowed it down to the JVC XV-FA90BK or the Panasonic RP-91.
    Being that the JVC is so new it is hard to find reviews of it. But from comparing the 2 for features and specs....the JVC seems to be a better player.
    I am looking for a player that will play good. I am not into all the little things and gadgets.....I just want the best picture quality.
    So out of these 2 models.......which is going to be the better one in your opinions?
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

4. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

John
    Steven, what I did was search the hardware forum for RP-91. You will pull up a lot of info that way.