What's new

progressive scan capable mega changers? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Dose anyone know if anyone makes these yet other than Kenwood? I would like to get something with at least 300 disk capacity with progressive scan,I would like something made by Sony but they seam to run behind everybody else as far as getting things like this out,or I I just missing them somewhere.

I was looking into getting Sony'es current 300 disk model but it dose not have this witch would be fine for now,but I'm planning on getting a HD RPTV in the next 6 months so I wont to have something with progressive output for when I get my new set.

Thanks for any help....

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joe, Kenwood is still the only company offering progressive-scan megachangers (DV-5050M for $800 and DV-5900M for $1500). However, it is possible that Sony will offer at least one progressive-scan megachanger to replace the DVP-CX860 and 'CX870D. I say this because Crutchfield just added the new Sony DVP-NC655P progressive-scan carousel changer to its web site ($250; available in black or silver). Here is the link:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VC655S&o=m&a=0
This is Sony's first progressive-scan carousel, so maybe a progressive-scan megachanger is on the way. Check www.crutchfield.com periodically to see what is forthcoming on the DVD player front.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information Keith,I wasn't even aware that Sony had made a 5 disk with progressive scan,I guess I,ll have to Waite it out just a little longer to see if they end up making a mega changer.
What I'd really like to see is Sony make a 300 disk with progressive scan in an ES model
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I've always heard there ES cd players were nice so why not a DVD,I'd have to be on that if it was ever done.
Thanks again:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joe, the progressive-scan carousel changer (DVP-NS655P) is brand new. I agree that a progressive-scan ES megachanger would be great. Throw in SACD playback, and you'd really have something. Of course, such a player wouldn't be cheap, but it would be great to see. Hopefully in time.

Sony has only released one ES DVD player, the DVP-S9000ES single-disc model. A replacement for it is supposed to be coming this year. Hopefully Sony will expand to ES DVD changers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks