What's new

Progressive DVD for Anime with coax output (1 Viewer)

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how hard this is. My RP91 died on me after only about 1.5 years worth of service, so I'm back in the market for a DVD player again. Problem is that I only have about $200 to spend, and the player absolutely has to have coax output, and needs to also be very good at deinterlacing shows not really meant for progressive (maybe even a bit better than the RP91, if possible).

Any and all help is appreciated. I tried to do a bit of research, but it seems just when I find the player that would work, it's minus a coax output. What a dumb way to cut costs. :angry:

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The RP82 was perfect (I paid $229) for such needs. It is a damned shame that you can't get it.

How about mating an XP30 with a toslink->coax adaptor?

SeanA

Second Unit
Have you looked at the Toshiba SD4800 ? It's Toshiba's top progressive model and it has Coaxial digital Audio output if that is what you are looking for. I purchased it for $170 from eCost with free shipping.

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
needs to also be very good at deinterlacing shows not really meant for progressive (maybe even a bit better than the RP91, if possible).
For watching interlaced anime on a progressive scan setup, there is nothing better than the Faroudja de-interlacing chip. I used to have a RP-91 and changed to an RP-82 and it made a world of difference for anime viewing.

I also tried Toshiba, Sony and Pioneer models and as they are no-go for anime when compared to the Faroudja equipped players. I would get a Pannie and use the Toslink adapter before buying one of the other players

Get one of the older model Panasonic players with the Faroudja chip, not a new one like the S35.

You might want to read the dvd players reviews from the Anime on DVD hardware forum:

http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard...esg_id=1&page=

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks