Progreesive scan question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Stuckey, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Hi
    I just got my first HDTV ( ready ) big screen a few weeks back. Im asking the wife for the Panny rp-82 for christmas.My question is, when I switch the button in the back , do I leave it on there for all movies to get the PS feature ? Will all my old movies( firefox,cananbal run ,ect) be in PS?

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

It will output progressive scan on any dvd of any movie. The button is on the front, not the back, and you can also do it with the remote control but have to delve into the player menu a ways to find the option.

The only reason to take it off progressive scan mode is if you're playing a non-anamorphic movie and you have a widescreen set that won't zoom when receiving the progressive scan signal.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Eric: If Steve's second paragraph confuses you, please say so. He is correct. JB

4. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

My set is not widescreen.
    The wife hates watching widescreen so I had to compromise just to get the 43" HD(ready) set.But I think I understand him. Thanks for the help.

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

[​IMG]
    uh-oh....I can see bad things a-comin. [​IMG]