1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Programming a Remote: Does Dish Network have discrete On / Off?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by JeremySt, Mar 19, 2005.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Hey all, Im trying to to program new remote to control an entire system. Its a Home Theater Master MX3000. Im trying to program a Macro to turn the whole system on. Every piece of gear I have has seperate IR commands for On and off, but the remotes for dishnetwork gear only have a single power button. I figure there must be a command that exists to discretely turn it on or off. Where coulf I find on online data base with codes I can download? I looked at remote central.com and couldnt find any list. thanks in advance.

2. Jeff O.

Jeff O. Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy,
    I don't know what receiver you have, but I have a 6000 and 501 and there are discrete codes that work with those. I am not familiar with the 3000, but I use an MX700, and there are some component files at remote central with discrete dish codes for the 700. I think you could download one of those and use it in your 3000.
    Jeff

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Reviving an old thread.

I got discrete On and Off, now im tring to to find seperate commands for SD and HD. On the remote, its 1 button that toggles between the two.