What's new

prog scan player upgrade or not..... (1 Viewer)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased RPTY Samsung HCM 4215W and have regular Toshiba DVD player hooked up via component cables.
I was thinking about upgrading to a prog scan player but will I notice a significant difference in pic clarity or is it just a lot of hype for minor imporvement? Worth investing in a more expensive one or will even the cheapest prog scan players provide the same pic "improvement"?

I would appreciate comments especially from those who just recently made the jump from regular to prog scan.
Thanks everybody!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Sergio,

I don't know how good the line doubler is in the Samsung sets, so can't give you a definitive answer to your question. In most cases the improvement is noticeable but not "night and day"

Although the Panasonic rp82 and cp72 players have a deserved reputation for excellent pic quality and can be had for $200-250, you should be ok with any major brand player (Sony, Toshiba, JVC). Stay away from noname players or offbrand loss leaders like Apex and Mintek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks