Prog-scan DVD players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Capulli, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Mike Capulli

Mike Capulli Stunt Coordinator

What new players are out? Im looking for something that would be good for my sony widescreen hidef display. Can someone point me in the right direction? Perhaps a link or two will do the trick... Also how do home theater PCs perform compared to progressive scan dvd players?

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Check the Secret's shootout here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...ut-1-2003.html

The shootout doesn't include the current line of JVC players, but they should be comparable to the ones mentioned in the shootout. Also, it doesn't include the newly released Philips 963sa, which is getting some good reviews. It should compete fairly well against the top players in the shootout. Hopefully, the next update will include this player.

_Man_

3. John M Johnson

John M Johnson Auditioning

I would recomend the Panasonic DVD-CP72S. It has the same Sage Farouda 2200 DCDi chip set as the RP82, this providing great progressive-scan picture quality. There is currently a $30 mail in rebate on the 72, a very good deal on a high quality 5-disc changer.
    If you decide to get this act quickly, as they are selling briskly and the future supply is uncertain (per an authorized online Panasonic dealer).
    JMJ