What's new

Prog. or Not ???.Won't go HiDef. in forseable future (1 Viewer)

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
I have narrowed my DVD list to either a JVC XVS45GD(not Prog. @$157) or JVC XVS65GD(Prog. @$207). These players are identical accept for the progressive feature. Would there be any benefit in spending an extra $50 and getting the 65? I have no plans on going HiDef in the forseable future. Any help is greatly appreciated.
PS. . .If you know of a Gold faceplate that matches or beats either of these at that price point, I would consider.

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
In just April I was quoted as saying I wouldn't buy an HDTV for 2-3 years. Then in May I turned around and bought one.
In my case Mitsubishi was running a "1 year same as cash" promotion and Fry's ran a sale.
Point is: It's hard to know for sure. If the price difference is small it may be worth getting a Progressive capable player now rather than be kicking yourself in a few months.
I'm not familiar with these JVC models so someone else will need to comment on the players' differences.
-Alan

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Alan.
You may be right, but my wife will have to calm down considerable. I have completely changed out a massive pro-logic separates system and gone 6.1 DD.
$50 is not a lot of money, but would get me started off with 4-5 more DVD's. If I didn't use the progressive output, is there any benefit having it onboard?
Thanks for the help!!!!

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't get it if I wasn't able to take advantage of it right away. The way technology changes, by the time you get around to wanting to use it, newer models will do it better and cheaper. Use the savings on more DVDs or better cables.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
The way technology changes, by the time you get around to wanting to use it, newer models will do it better and cheaper.
i agree with gordon. in your case, since you're not considering hi-def anytime soon...i'd wait.
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
If I interrpret your question correctly, I will answer it correctly :)
You will not see a benefit from a progressive unless and until you have a TV/monitor capable of progressive input and display.
Does this help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks