professional cleaning....

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    How much would a small 1BR apartment cost to have professionally cleaned? Hardwood floors, furnished... I have the opportunity to rent a pretty nice apartment so long as I agree to a "professional" cleaning after I move out cause the landlord is allergic to cats of which I have 2. Just curious how much would one be? rough estimates are fine...

Jay

2. CameronJ

CameronJ Stunt Coordinator

Jay - my cleaning service charges me $400 to do a "deep cleaning" of my 3,500 sq ft house (yes - I know its too big).

Deep cleaning means they do everything - blinds, windows, tops of mouldings, under everything, etc - compared to the normal bi-weekly cleaning which really just gets visible surfaces (floors, carpets, counters, tables, etc.). I'd guess that's analogous to what the landlord would want.

3. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    I would ask him to define "professional cleaning" in writing as well as asking for a written policy on how the apartment will be inspected and determined to be sufficiently clean after you vacate. You may also want to ask him if he could recommend a company that offers such services.

Once you have something in writing, and maybe a few pictures of the place, it should make getting quotes for the cleaning much easier.

-Keith

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

He might also try to throw a duct cleaning into there, on the theory that pets (especially cats) pee down floor vents. If you don't have any floor vents, that's not a potential.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    No floor vents, it is a steam heat via radiators.. my cats have not tried to pee or poop anywhere other than the liter box, they are fixed but they are so wonderfully behaved, I am amazed cause I read all the time of other cats who are picky eaters, picky peers, and picky poopers. not my two guys!

Jay

6. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker

I think what you have there are clever small dogs in cat suits. Check their bellies for zippers. ;)

-Keith

7. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Take detailed photos of the furniture, carpets, window treatments -- anything the LL could later say was clawed up by the dogs-in-catsuits.

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

After seeing "That Darn Katz" episode of Futurama last night, I think I should be checking for strings on myself! ;)

http://scifiblock.com/reviews/television/futurama-episode-6-8-that-darn-katz.htm

Jay