What's new

Professional calibration? (1 Viewer)

DEADLY

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
Hi guys, I'm about to purchase a Mitsubishi 65" 1080P 120Hz DLP set. I was talking with the salesman about ISF certified calibration, and he told me that with this set, it wasn't necessary and would be a waste of money. I've owned a 55" Mitsubishi 1080I CRT set for about 9 years, and know that the calibration would be beneficial with that, but am clueless about the DLP's. Any advise is much appreciated.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
The salesman is wrong. Mits. have inaccuracies and that is a fact. DLP or other wise. No set is perfect out of the box. I'm sure your gray scale is off not to mention color inaccuracies. I've had my Mits. RPTV done 3 years running and sure, it is expensive in some peoples minds, but my set really does look good.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

We calibrate to make the TV as accurate as possible. So which part of the tV is accurate? What mode?

Can you be sure?

More to calibration these days than even just the calibration itself. Education of the client is also an important step. Getting the correct answer is one thing , but understanding why it is the correct answer is another.

unfortunately, most calibrators may not be in a good position to explain the Why part of what they do.

It means you as the owner of the TV has to work extra hard to find the right guy for the job.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
absplumbing
Recent bookmarks