Processors that offer an OSD thru component...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Aaron E. Smith, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Aaron E. Smith

Aaron E. Smith Stunt Coordinator

The title pretty well sums it up. I'm looking to information about which HT processors offer an OSD thru their component video outputs. I've nailed down that the Anthem and Outlaw do not, I think the Lexicon does, and I'm totally unsure about the Aragon, Integra, Integra Research, and the others. Thanks for any info!

2. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Aaron,

The Aragon Stage One does not offer OSD via component (or any video connection)....but that's not a big deal with the nice display on the unit.

Hey, didn't we complete a deal at one time, involving a DC1?

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

4. Aaron E. Smith

Howdy,

I figured that the Lexicon could do that, although it sounds sort of like a 'crippled' version of OSD.

I had the chance today to look at the manual for the Integra DTC-9.4 and it appears that it has an OSD thru its component outputs. Does anyone know if this processor's OSD is the full array, or is it watered-down?

Thanks!

5. Aaron E. Smith

Hey Ricky,

Thanks for the info. on the Aragon; that's a shame since I really like an OSD option.

And yes, we did indeed do a deal for a DC-1 last year. In fact, I had been meaning to write to you and say hi since I've been back in New Jersey, but I quickly got bogged down in a home renovation here and I'm just now coming up for air. Anyway, judging by your posts, it seems that you've moved on from the DC-1. Did it not suit your tastes? If so, I'm sorry to hear that. I always like the DC-1 as a home theater processor, but I really wanted to move into multi-channel audio and I didn't want to go the Sony preamp/Lexicon route.

BTW, your former Citation 5.1 is now working bridged driving a pair of SVS subs--what a beauty it is to behold. I really love the Citations so much, I wish they were still made. We probably talked about this back when we did our transaction, but what amps did you move on to?

Take care!
    -AES

6. David-TF

David-TF Agent

The Arcam AV8 offers osd w/ component video.

7. Aaron E. Smith

Ah, the Arcam! That one totally flew below my radar. Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out the literature on that one.

Any other pre/pros share their OSD with their component inputs?

8. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Aaron,

That's right...the deal was my Citation 5.1 plus cash for your DC1. I have been using an Aragon Stage One for a few months, along with basically the same Parasound amps from last year: two 2200II 250x2 amps and one 806 80x6 amp.

9. Aaron E. Smith

Hey Ricky,

10. Aaron E. Smith

Oops, that was a goof....

Anyway:
    Hey Ricky,

Yea, that was the transaction. How do you like the Parasounds? How 'bout in comparison to the Citations? I have to asmit that I simply love these Citations. To me, they are simply perfect for a Magnepan system.

BTW, did you not like the DC-1?

11. Aaron E. Smith

Well, it certainly seems like few processors offer an OSD with their component video inputs. That pretty much sells me on the DTC-9.4! Integra here I come!!!

BTW, I'll try to offer a review of the DTC-9.4 after I have it for awhile.