Proceed AVP ......Problem...NO power!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Gale, May 6, 2002.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

It's dark.[​IMG]
    AC should be getting to the unit but the LED above the power button is off. Hitting power OR standby has no effect.
    Any ideas?
    This has never happened before.
    Jim

2. Dean M

Dean M Agent

I don't envy you. Looks as if you will have to send it to Madrigal and they can be slow (I'm waiting for the updated communications port right now and it has been three weeks and counting...). On the bright side, you could upgrade to the AVP2 at the same time.[​IMG] Looks like a killer unit.
    What year is your unit? Are not our warranties good for five years on parts?

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Madrigal just suggested I take it to my dealer, they're guessing it's a fuse. They did mention that there are two fuses and I should make sure both are replaced.

I believe you're correct about the five years and I can't put my hands on the receipt right now but my manual was published in 1998 so I think I'm covered.

It's not the money, it's unhooking all the stuff. I hate this part. Every year there's less room behind the HT to move around.

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Got the AVP back yesterday and was watching The Last Waltz before dark. It was a fuse.

Upgrades were done, mostly DTS related. When I have some time I hope to visit the Madrigal site and learn more.

No charge, my 5 years won't be up until late next year.

Jim