Problems with X-Files Season One

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Russ Felton, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Russ Felton

Russ Felton Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering id anyone else on here has had any problems with disc 2 of the X-Files Season One Box Set. I tried playing mine and my Pioneer DV 45A just spits it out or turns itself off. Then I tried it in my Apex AD-1100W and it can't seem to read it at all.

Russ Felton

2. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    No, and since two players are spitting it out, I'd return it to the store for an exchange.

3. PeterMano

PeterMano Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, Fox's quality control on the x-files season box sets leaves a lot to be desired. Despite the exhorbitant price points, these box sets have numerous mastering errors. When I didn't have a box set with problems, I considered myself lucky.

4. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Granted, in my experience, the earlier sets had a problem here or there which were quickly rectified with timely exchanges. About midway through the series' sets, they improved and had no problems the first time around all the way to the final season.

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

You also have to take into account the fact that if you buy a 7-DVD set, you're naturally gonna be 7 times more likely to encounter a problem.