What's new

Problems with Wonder Woman Set (1 Viewer)

BarbaraN

Grip
Anyone else have problems with Wonder Woman Disc 1. I am on my second set. First set: disc one, side a, episode after pilot...locked up, froze, skipped scenes. Side B- last episode would not play at all. With this new set, no problems with Side B but last episode on Side a will not play at all. I have tried to play it on my Toshiba player as well as 2 computer DVD players and no luck. The disk is very clean..no scratches or smudges. Don't know if it's worth trying a third time but don't remember seeing anyone else having a problem with this set.

Thanks.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just completed watching the entire set on Thursday and had no problem at all with any disc. Perhaps, there's a bad batch of discs out there. It seems like DVD-14's and DVD-18's are more prone to manufacturing glitches.

BarbaraN

Grip
I decided to try it on one more player and used my liteon external DVD burner/player. Disk 1 locks up during the cartoonish intro of episode 1 but if I bypass intro and go directly to chapter 2 I can get into the episode. I can't do this on my Toshiba player at all. If I try to directly access the title for the episode I get disk error. I also found that there are nine titles on side A and title 8 and 9 are the same episode, which I thought was a bit strange. I am thinking that Sam's Club might have a bad batch of disks. I am going to try one more time and exchange the set. I hope the next set works fine. I think this is a great set...lots of fun watching it.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Haven't had any trouble with mine so far. Just to be on the safe side I'm going through those episodes where you mention trouble.

In "Wonder Woman Meets Baroness Von Grunther" I noticed something amsuing with the DVD feature. When Wonder Woman phones a motor vehicle department secretary to trace a license number we see her flip through a file in which thanks to DVD you can see the names in the box of a large number of 1940s Hollywood writers, Sam Hellman, Fannie Kilbourne and Nunally Johnson among others, with Jennifer Jones also in there for good measure before the secretary reaches the name relevant to the episode.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Finished watching my set a couple of weeks ago with no problem. I don't know how we would have won the war if it hadn't been for Wonder Woman! And for a war hero, Major Steve Trevor sure needed Saving a lot:D

Randy

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
And never mind trying to figure out how a guy with a stateside desk job could have become a "war hero" to begin with! ;)

BarbaraN

Grip
I do believe that Maj. Trevor did have active duty overseas before he went stateside. ;)

Didn't Judgement from Space have a very "The Day the Earth Stood Still" flavor to it?

Picked up copy #3 at a different Sam's Club. Able to watch the Von Grunther episode without any problems. Feminine Mystique part I was recognized but haven't had a chance to play it through yet.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Maybe, but since these episodes are always set in "April 1942" that didn't give him much time to do anything overseas in just four months! (especially since there was no American combat action against Germany until the end of 1942).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks