Problems with toshiba 42hdx82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric-m, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Eric-m

Eric-m Auditioning

Hi all,
    has anyone heard of any problems with the toshiba 42hdx82 because I'm considering buying one... and one of the retailers tried to talk me out of it by saying that it is a problem child. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]
    thanks,
    eric

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I would like to refer u to the www.hometheaterspot.com. Proceed to the Toshiba section and there u will get a lot of info on these new sets.
    From what I had read from there, it doesn't seem to have the so-called problems of the earlier models. But research is key before shelling out the big bucks.

3. Dirk Grace

Dirk Grace Agent

"Should have got a Sony Wega"
    Order from Cyberteria, received two weeks later. Had to take off work for the delivery, since they don't deliver past 5:00. DVD looked good, but did not blow me away like I thought it would. Hooked it up to cable and the picture quality was poor, so I cut the cable and installed thd Dish HDTV system. HDTV Looks fantastic, but the SDTV picture quality is subject to a lot of pixelation. Looks like you are watching through a fine wire mesh screen. Tried SDTV with S-Video and analog connections, but the pixelation problem was still there. Talked to a Dish TV tech who stated that a lot of people with HDTVs were complaining about this problem with SDTV reception, and that was nothing to fix it. The SDTV picture quality on my 20" Sony is good. I wish now that I would have spent a little more and got a Sony Wega