Problems with their Customer "Service"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKZ, Jan 7, 2003.

1. JasonKZ

JasonKZ Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else find these guys *horrible* at responding to messages. Back when we had the issue 3 debacle (taking like 8 weeks to arrive), I wrote to both customer service and their circulation manager (carla) and never received ANY responses.
    Here's another example:
    In September, I moved to a new address and completed their online change of address form. Then, about 3 weeks later I wrote to the circulation manager (carla) to ask which address my magazine would come to and confirm my address change. She actually did respond and said she would forward my information to customer service. Never heard back from them.
    Well, now I am missing issue 4. I wrote customer service 3 times....and someone finally responded to the last request that my address had never been changed, and I should have provided it to them (!!!). I gave them my new address and asked what they would do about getting me a replacement. Well, that was over a week ago and NO REPLY.
    So, yesterday afternoon I wrote the circulation manager (Carla) and copied Terry with the above information. Guess what? NO REPLY!! (I realize they may not solve the problem in 24 hours, but they could atleast acknowledge receiving my messages).
    VERY frustrating. To say the least.

2. JasonKZ

2 days and still waiting.......

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I like DVD ETC a lot, but I too would have felt they would have responded to this post by now, especially if your report is true, which I believe it is...if only to say, "Jason, we're sorry that you experienced this problem. We're looking into it right away."

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Guys,

I am forwarding this thread to the Editor this
    morning.

It is my hope that he will respond shortly.

5. JasonKZ

Thanks for the support Ron and DanaA.

I don't know what the problem is. All I know is it is now 4 days since my message to Carla/Terry with no response.....to a problem I already wrote their customer service about (without a response either) multiple times.

I know I got a good price for my subscription, but at some point, I will be deciding whether to renew......

6. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

Hi Jason,
    We have all been at the CES show for the past week and just returned this morning...sorry for the delay in responding to your complaint.
    I have just been on the phone with Carla and she is calling our subscription services company as I write this to see what the problem is.
    In the mean time, if you will tell me what issues you are missing I will be happy to get them out to you today, express mail....I am sure that we will have your COA taken care of by the next issue.
    While I do not find even 1 complaint acceptable, we now have over 10,000 subscribers of which a sizable # emanate from the HTF. As you can see, there have been very few complaints regarding our subscription services except for the late delivery of issue 3.
    I assure you that we will remedy this situation ASAP and we thank you for your patience.
    You can respond to me directly at [email protected] if you like.
    Regards,
    Terry Carroll

7. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Terry,
    [​IMG]
    You guys over there at DVD,ETC have a lot of class.

8. JasonKZ

You are right DanaA.

As you can see in his post above, once returning from their trip, Terry and Carla both responded to me promptly and are working to resolve the problem.

It sounds like my issues with their customer service was isolated to me, and I am glad to hear so.

I had no idea that they already had 10,000+ subscribers, so I am glad to hear they are doing well and wish them continued success!!

Thanks again to DVDEtc (and Ron) for helping to solve the problem.

9. Clint Walker

Clint Walker Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] Good grief...my blood was beginning to boil as a read further down the thread...finally some relief and hopefully resolution. Jason, I can tell you first hand that timing was a factor here on our delayed response. EVERYONE was in Las Vegas for the big show--CES. However, your problems began well before we left for the show. Hopefully they are resolved. If not, drop me a line, I know some people who can push some buttons at the mag. [​IMG] Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to care...we'll keep putting 100% into the content to keep you coming back. -Clint

10. JasonKZ

Just as a final update to this thread. I received the package yesterday containing the missing issues and I nice note from Terry. The magazines look great, and I appreciate the effort everyone made to work on the problem - thanks!!