Problems with the JVC xv-523

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre_L, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Andre_L

Andre_L Auditioning

Has anybody experienced problems with the JVC xv-523? It will not play Lord of the rings: Extended edition disc 3, it refuses to read the disc. Also E.T limited edition, it will not play the second disc. It also will not play " I am Sam" and will only play the pan and scan side of Windtalkers.

The problem is not with the discs. I have tested them in my dvd rom and they work fine. Has anybody else had these problems?

Thanks

Andre.

2. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

My XV-723 gets a little funky with discs now and then (I believe LOTR 3 may have been one), but the discs eventually play after a couple of times of taking them out and putting them in or unplugging the unit and letting it sit for a moment. The player starts to get fussy with a few discs and then I don't have any trouble with it for a while, then I have problems with a disc or two a few months later. Other than that, it's been an excellent player.

3. Andre_L

Andre_L Auditioning

Thanks, I'll try that.
    Andre[​IMG]

4. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

I experienced problems with the JVC 723 reading certain DVD titles. When I contacted JVC they told me the player needed a software upgrade. JVC paid for the upgrade I was responsible for the cost of shipping the player to them.

Unfortunatley it meant changing a chip set so they were unable to send me the upgrade on a DVD disc. I made arrangements to have the player sent to the JVC repair center in NJ. Took about two weeks for the turn around time. I have not experienced any further problems with the 723 reading commerical DVD's and finalized DVD-R's.

Using a Samsung DVD recorder I have recorded over 150 titles from VHS, SVHS, Laserdisc and DirecTV to DVD-R that play without problem on the 723. My advise is to contact JVC customer service and make arrangements to have your player's software upgraded.