problems with SkipDr.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ian_Fisher, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Stunt Coordinator

OK...I know this isn't really software related, but what the hell. It didn't seem to fit into any of the other categories.

I got the Skip Dr. motorized CD/DVD fixing thing, and I finally tried it out today. One of my demo discs from the OXM wasn't working. It would skip, and pause, and stutter. So I figure, I can fix this.

Well, now after using the f***ing Skip Dr. the damn thing won't even be read by the X-Box. Anybody have any other experience with this, or just I just throw it off the balcony?

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Did you use it properly? I know a kid who had a thing like this who used it wrong and it made one of his games useless.

3. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Stunt Coordinator

well....I don't know [​IMG]
    I followed the directions.
    1 - load it into the machine
    2 - spray with the liquid
    3 - run one full revolution
    4 - reverse...run one full revolution
    5 - dry off
    6 - buff to shine (although it never buffed to a "shine". It always looked kinda hazy, no matter how long I buffed it)
    7 - use sandpaper to give the surface a nice texture.
    (ok...I didn't do 7)

4. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

Despite what videogame store employees will tell you, it doesn't ALWAYS repair EVERY game. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I also hate having the bottoms of my game CDs looking like funhouse mirrors.

~Steve

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

My local Music swap shop has a professional resurfacing machine. When my Game Dr made my Tekken Tag CD even WORSE I paid the $3 to let them do it. Now the game works & looks like new. Check around to see who has a real resurfacing machine, I think several Funcolands now do this service too.