Problems with ReplayTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RichN, Mar 3, 2002.

1. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a Panasonic hard disk recorder (PV-HS1000) with ReplayTV the middle of January. Has anyone else had problems with connecting to the ReplayTV server to get the daily updates? In the six weeks I have had my unit, I haven't gone more than two days without having some kind of connection problem, and now it has been over 10 days in a row. And before someone suggests it is a noisy phone line or some other problem with my telephone system, I have had WebTV for over 3 years, and have never had problems getting the daily updates from them, so either WebTV uses a MUCH better modem, or the problem is with Replay (or the Panasonic modem). I don't think the modem is at fault because the "error" log gives the reason for the communications failure. Some of the reasons have been: "the server hung up", "the internal password was incorrect" (how can the internal (not one I type in)password be correct one day and not the next). "The local phone number has been changed", yet when I redo the setup, the local numbers are the same as before. I have contacted Panasonic as well as Replay, but haven't received a response from either as yet. I would like to hear from others who have/have not had problems with their recorder.

RichN

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

3. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Mark, I checked it out and will continue to monitor the site. Seems like some other people have had connection problems the last few days and I am waiting for my membership to be approved before I can ask about connection problems in general.

Thanks again,

RichN