What's new

Problems with reading dvd-mp3 dvd's (1 Viewer)

Tim MC

Auditioning
I bought a pioneer elite dv 45a and it is great plays almost everything you throw at it, but i can't get it to read a dvd-mp3 dvds. There are alot of people that say their player does. I have wasted about 13 dvd-r discs trying to with nero 6302 and ez cd/dvd 6. I did them as udf/iso just iso just data cd. I am out of ideas as to why mine won't read when others do . Could it be a setup issue with the dvd player itself? Any ideas would be great . I still have 12 more dvd-r discs to kill.
The burner is a pioneer aswell dvr-106d. Thanks for your time.

Tim Mc

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
First, buy at least one DVD-RW, so you won't waste more discs.

Next, make a MP3 CD-RW and make sure that plays correctly. If so, burn that onto a DVD-RW, so you end up with the same content, and a lot more empty space. If that doesn't play, you have some basic incompatibility. Maybe there's something wrong with your paticular unit, or they've revved the firmware, or the people that are claiming it works are hallucinating....

//Ken

Tim MC

Auditioning
Thanks for the response Ken. The the dv 45a can only read video on the dvd-rw dvds. Many others have been burning dvd-mp3 on dvd-r dvds on other pioneer units that read all the formats. You would think that the elite would be able to aswell since it is the higher modle. It can read cd-rw discs with mp3s no problem :). I have a huge mp3 and cd collection and putting most of them on 4.7 gig dvd would be sweet :). I am starting to think it is a firmware problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks