What's new

Problems with playback with Amazon Prime Video (1 Viewer)

fixit7

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I use a Blue Ray player to play movies on Amazon Prime.

I have frequent problems with the movie stopping.

My dl speed is 12 Mbps.

I use an Ethernet cable from my router directly to my blue ray player.

And I have wifi turned off.

Any ideas?

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Odds are you're net speed is too slow.

p.s. Welcome!

p.s.s. It's called a Blu Ray, not Blue Ray. :)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Well then. Can you stream it clearly using your phone?

Have you tried streaming via a smart TV or via a Chromecast or similar?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It could be that the Amazon app built into your Blu-Ray player is old and buggy. Manufacturers of disc players are not very good at updating the built-in streaming applications on their equipment, and the apps eventually become outdated. You will probably have much better luck with a dedicated streaming device, such as a Roku or Apple TV, for Netflix, Amazon and whatever else you may want to stream -- and leaving the Blu-Ray player to do what it was really designed for, which is playing discs.

fixit7

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Buying a Roku is an option, though I do not like the idea of having to spend more money not knowing for sure if it would work.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Buy a Roku (asesome streaming device btw) at Walmart. Test it out, if same issues, return. Super easy option.

If Roku has same issue with Amazon, then maybe try to use your phones hotspot as a your internet source to see if the higher net speed helps.

fixit7

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I bought a new BluRay player with streaming. When I try Amazon prime video, it says too low bandwidth.

Off for a refund from Walmart.

My older player worked better.

My download speed well meets the specs for streaming video.

Amazon gets very low marks from me.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Amazon works as well as any other streaming service via my Internet connection using a dedicated streaming box. I have both an Apple TV 4K and several different Roku models (Ultra 4K, Premiere 4K, and Express 1080p). I would still suggest trying a dedicated streaming device. Amazon is not great about fixing issues with its app on disc players, so just trying another Blu-ray player wasn't the best way to find out if your issue is with your Internet connection.

A Roku Express is only $30, which is probably less than you paid for that new Blu-ray player. Their new Premiere is only $40 if you own a 4K display.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMHO I would not blame Amazon as much as I would blame your internet connection even though it says you meets the specs. And depending on what player your purchased as not all players perform the same you will get different results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks