What's new

Problems with "Planet Of The Apes (2001)" on PC-setup (1 Viewer)

Iggy_P

Auditioning
There seems to be a fault with the Tim Burtons "Planet Of The Apes" when playing it on some PCs. Creatives Encore DXR3 player gives a read-error when the movie reaches 16 minutes 42 seconds.
I have tried different players with no problems - but two different PCs with the Creative player gives the same error.
I have also tried 2 new Planet-DVDS - both gives the exact same error in the same spot.
Has anyone experienced the same? It is slightly annoying for me - and apart from this error the DVDs are amazing.
------------------

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Iggy,
Well, I think your question is a little premature since POA (2001) isn't out in the states yet!
It streets next Tuesday (11/20), so you may expect a response during that time from myself and others.
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
just got this disc this morning and watched it this evening and there is a problem on my toshiba 3107.the movie skips in 5 different places and the only way to watch the scenes is you have to rewind back to were it skipped it is a real pain.if anyone with a toshiba 3107 gets this film and can't play it properly could they please post a reply.at the end of the day it might be a faulty disc.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Are you guys having problems with retail copies or screeners?
I had a problem with the screener on my creative labs DVD ROM with PowerDVD and we checked with FOX on it. They said there were problems with the screener discs, but the retails should be fine.
------------------
Jeremy Conrad
Editor, IGN DVD
Link Removed
DVD Profiler: http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=ManaByte

Iggy_P

Auditioning
I have tried two retail copies of the US release.
I hope to hear more, when the DVD is released in the US.
------------------

Iggy_P

Auditioning
I forgot:
I also tried playing the DVDs on my PC using PowerDVD, and they played with no problems.
I only had problems when using the Creative player for playback on my Television, so it may be a Creative specific problem.
------------------

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Quote :
the movie skips in 5 different places and the only way to
watch the scenes is you have to rewind back to where it
skipped.
Just finished watching the DVD and I did not encounter
the above problem. My player is the Pioneer 525 and it
works like a dream. Could be player problems. Have not tried on the PC yet though.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
I have it and when it was running My PC locked up! Not at that scene but during the menu selection. I don't think it's a defect.
--------------------------------
My Site: Link Removed
DVD,MOVIE, AND GAME NEWS
now updated every 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks