What's new

Problems with ordering Superman Returns? - Now over! (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I have noticed that two on-line sites have removed Supreman Returns from their listings. Does any one know if there is an issue with this release?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sorry, my smilie failed AND I was going to say that I already pre-ordered it.

Which was true, but, indeed, it seems that the order was canceled! :frowning:
Something wrong?

Cees

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Cees, where did you pre-order it from? Neither Amazon nor DVD Empire has it listed yet. They don't have the SD DVD's listed either. The only SUPERMAN titles listed so far on either site is the ULTIMATE BOXSET(which does include the SD DVD of SR), and SUPERMAN II Donner cut in high def. SUPERMAN:THE MOVIE HD DVD is on DVD Empire, but not Amazon.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I ordered it from DVDPlanet on Oct 5th (price: $27.96, pricey!). It was on my pre-order list for several days (as well as on an e-mail confirmation) and must have "disappeared" between the 15th and 17th.

I'll try to find out what happened (and I don't like not being informed).

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
DVD Empire had it listed, now it is gone. It was in my wish list, and is no longer there.:frowning:

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

Uh oh...

I was checking DVD Empire daily for it, and never saw it. I guess I missed it. Hopefully nothing is amiss, this is my most anticipated new film on this format.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I understand that it was put on DVD Empire for a day, and then removed (according to their customer service).As soon as they removed from their DB. it of course was removed from the wish list. At least, that is what the email they sent me says.

They also state that they will post it as soon as the studio gives the formal release notice to them.

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
"This is one I am not going to pre-order. I will be at the door when it opens getting this mother. "

Tim, I'm with you. Ill be picking it up as well. Now the questions is: will we be able to find the title that Tuesday? I had to hit 3 stores before I was able to find Batman on HD the day it came out.

Chris

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Paul,

My link goes to Superman II indeed, but the search was for Superman Returns, as can be seen at the top. That's weird, because the same search doesn't find Superman, The Movie, so the result is NOT based on just 1 word.

Superman Returns, however, is nowhere to be seen.

Cees

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Cees,
Every time I searched for SR on DVD Empire the SUPERMAN II entry came up. When I searched for SR on Blu-Ray or standard DVD, nothing shows up. I guess Warner isn't ready for pre-orders yet.

I may buy SR at a B&M store, depending on how pre-orders go. Amazon was very quick in shipping BATMAN BEGINS(I received it on the release date) and the Wonka films. And DVD Empire shipped my MONSTER HOUSE BD pre-order yesterday, so I should have that one quickly, too. Hopefully, SR will be one of the "easy" pre-orders, and not one that has "ships within 60 days" listed on the release date! ;)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I noticed that also. At the time I placed it on my wish list SII wasn't there.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Marek,

I already (pre-)ordered Superman, The Movie and Superman II on HD DVD. :)
But Superman Returns was on several websites too for some time (I already "ordered" that one as well) but has suddenly disappeared now.

Cees

MarekM

Supporting Actor

Cees, the first superman, the movie just showed up hmm on preorder on amazon as far as I know. Did you ordered it sooner ?

yeah Superman Returns is nowhere...... hmm, btw. what's up with amazon and TROY ? they still don't have that title released ? :) LOL hehe

Marek

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks