Problems with my Samsung rptv....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LaMarcus, Sep 16, 2002.

1. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Well I fear the problems are self induced. I broke the golden rule when dealing with the service menu. I was just in awe that I was in there in the first place that I didn't write down the original settings.[​IMG] As a result I had some color lines below the black bars, which I was able to get rid of thanks to replies to a previous post.
    Now I notice that the edges of anything in the picture seem to have an out line to them. It kind of looks the the picture you get when you need to do convergence. But my convergence is not off according to the 9 pts grid.
    So my conclusion is that I've changed something inside the service menu. So my question is, does anyone have any idea what this is? And how do you get the service manual? I'm hoping it has the original settings listed in there.

2. DougR

DougR Second Unit

When you were done with the Tweaks in the Service Mode, did you finish it off by "Writing"( Saving)to NVRAM ?? If not, you should be able to Unplug the set for a few minutes and it should return to the Orignal Settings ?

Good Luck

BTW..... this works on my Sony. :b

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

No kidding?.....I didn't do anything like that, I'll unplug it for a while and see if it works. That's a good idea if it does or doesn't work. But if it were to keep settings after it's unplugged you'd think it would be called NVROM[​IMG] lol

4. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Ok, that didn't work. But, I did turn down the sharpness and the helped a lot. I did VE over again, my set needed to be re calibrated for sure. There's still like a blue outline around edges. What the hell is that? On the simpte color bars the pink is outlined in blue!!
    What is wrong?

And does anyone know how you get that service manual?

5. tommy holstein

tommy holstein Auditioning

I would suggest contacting an ISF certified tech to do a full calibration...which should run at least $250 but as high as $500 or so. It is a huge improvement to any set, but it will be so much more in your case. good luck

6. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Thanks man, I'm realising this is my only hope. But the only problem there is I want someone who is HTF recommended. I wish, I wish I could havd Gregg Loewen to do it but that seems like a pipe dream. Don't know what I'm going to do man.