What's new

Problems with my Samsung HCL4715W (1 Viewer)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I bought my set a few months ago. I have had no problems until now. I did the 64 point convergence. I tried to use perfect focus afterwards and I get a no sensor input message. So I tried to restore the factory settings, which wound up messing things up even worse. After I got that fixed, there is now a wavy aspect to the left third of the screen. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Is there anyway to restore everything in the set to the way it was when I first bought it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Scott

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
Well...I'm getting the service manual sometime within 5-12 days in the mail and I suppose I could ask the technition when he installs my replacement screen cover.

This is my second try ordering a new screen (extended warranty) The last one ended up at some other address we think.

It's supposed to take awhile and it's only been about 4 days since they orderd it. But I could ask then if your patient enough. If I were you I would hire someone that understands how they set them up at factories.

If you want me to ask him or look in the service manual for something that says reset, simply reply to this message.

Thought I may be of some help later...

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Well, the repair man came last saturday, August, 24. After spending 3 hours working on the convergence he decided my set couldn't be fixed. I guess something was wrong with sensors for the perfect focus. He put in a new circuit board and that did absoluetly nothing. A long story short, Best Buy is sending a replacement set that will be here tomorrow. Needless to say I'm happy about that and I don't think I'll try messing with the convergence again. At least I'm getting a new set.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks